Welcome to IndieBits

IndieBits is a community centered around decentralization. Let’s talk about self-hosting, data ownership, open protocols, interoperability, privacy, individual agency in computing, the health impacts of technology choices, and everything in between.

2 Likes

Is it somehow related to IndieWeb?
I also made a list of some selfhosting movements and projects

2 Likes

Hi @stokito,

Thanks for sharing your project! I’m looking forward to reading more about Yurt Page, and I’ve added your list to our links page

IndieBits.io isn’t directly affiliated with IndieWeb, but IndieWeb is definitely an inspiration and shares a lot of principles. I’m planning an overhaul of my personal website in large part so that I can implement many of the IndieWeb protocols.

I created IndieBits in part because I feel like a lot of the selfhosting community currently is heavily focused on educating people about servers, DNS, port forwarding, tunneling, NAT, CGNAT, TLS, firewalls, system updates, etc etc. I think this is great, but I want to lower the barrier of entry to selfhosting and make it more accessible for less technical people. So that’s a bit more of the focus here.

3 Likes